VIRGINIA LOCK / LOCKE CONNECTIONS
This page is for listing Lock(e)'s that were living in Virginia before 1900
The reason this page is needed is to see if we can
maybe link a few Lock(e) branches that were in Virginia . I
mainly want the very last Proven Lock(e) in your branch that was
from Virginia , but added history is very helpful . Listed below
is a brief discription of the Lock(e) family's and may have more
then 1 person to contact for more information . Contact me if you
would like to have your Va Lock(e)'s added to this page
LOCKEroots@comcast.net Donald Locke
Richard Lock(e) b. abt 1773 , d. 1777 , married Mary
Descendants of Richard Lock :
(1) James B. Lock b. ???
(2) Richard Jr. Lock b. 1767 - d. 1846
(3) William Lock b. ???
(4) Rev. Jacob Lock b. 1768 - d. 1845
Donald Locke LOCKEroots@comcast.net
Debra Sue Rumble Littlehny@aol.com , and or Kyroz@aol.com
Kathy Booth Locke , KL343@aol.com
Angelia Lock , Lockmess@aol.com
Marsha Hamilton , firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Stephenson , WWDJ1@aol.com
Sandy , JOxner9137@aol.com
Roni Jones , RJones3761@aol.com
Ronnie & Annette Hawthorne , email@example.com
Lisa Pittman , firstname.lastname@example.org
William Lock , email@example.com
Bonnie H. Esman , firstname.lastname@example.org
John Locke b. abt 1726 Virginia , d. 1795 , he married
Their Son :
George Locke b. abt 1747 Frederick County Va ?
d. 1823 Frederick County Va .
Everett Locke (Deceased)
James H. Lock Statework@aol.com
NEW! Virginia to Lincoln County
John Lock(e) b. abt 1776 Va , d. 3/29/1853 Lincoln County Tn .
He married Elizabeth ___? .
Children of John & Elizabeth :
1. William Lock b. abt 1808 d. bef 1866
2. Rebecca Lock b. unknown , d. bef 1866 , she married ___? Curtsinger
3. Thomas Lock b. unknown , d. unknown , married 11/23/1846 in Lincoln County Tn to :
Margaret F. Goode
4. Milly Lock b. abt 1820 Va , d. unknown , married 4/8/1843 in Lincoln County Tn to :
5. Samuel K. Lock b. unknown , d. unknown
6. Jacob Lock b. abt 1825 Tn , d. unknown , married 11/21/1844 in Lincoln County Tn to:
1st Amanda Mullins , 2nd 11/29/1849 to Sarah Mullins
7. Erastus Lock b. abt 1827 , d. unknown , married 1/11/1844 in Lincoln County Tn to: Louisa ( Eliza ) Ann Mullins
8. Calvin Lock b. abt 1829 , d. 1866 without Issue
9. Emily Lock b. 1833 , d. bef 1866 , married 8/9/1848 in Lincoln County Tn to:
William W. Mullins .
10. Sidney Lock b. abt 1833 , d. unknown , married Sarah Jane Lock .
11. Jane Lock b. 1838
12. Mary Lock b. abt 1840
Help Kaye find out where in Virginia , John Lock come
Contact(s) : Kaye Sass email@example.com
Richard Locke b. abt 1740 Virginia , d. 1782 Virginia
, he married
Elizabeth Hardaway . Thier son Richard Locke Jr , b. abt 1768 Va , d.1816
Contact : Joe L. Patterson , apparently Joe's email address is no longer any good :( , Joe where are you ! ?
Lock b. 1788 Virginia ( County Unknown )
He was a Private in the War of 1812
( WC3368 , Capt. SR Comb's Kentucky Military )
William married in 1809 Bourbon County Kentucky to: Rebecca Nelson
William and family then moved to Madison County Ky
Contact(s) :Janet Lock-Dumford JDumford@aol.com
Joseph Lock , living in Washington County Virginia in 1781 , his land was bordering the land of a man named John Courtney . Joseph may have been in Washington County Va as early as 1776 . Joseph maybe related to Samuel Lock b. 1752 also living in same said County .
Adam Lock , living in Augusta County Va in 1772
b. 1749? of Hampshire County Virginia . Had 2 known Son's named :
Abraham Lock b. 1773 and Thomas Lock b. ??? , and 3 un-named Daughters .
Abraham Lock married Faithful Sharp Duncan .
This same Jacob Lock and wife Faithful lived in Lee County Virginia and then on to Chariton County Missouri. His son's later moved to Benton County Oregon.
TID BITS OF VIRGINIA LOCK(E) INFORMATION
Tib Bits on Virginia Lock(e)'s , Compiled by Donald
Locke and Gail Cantrell .
Got a Virginia Lock(e) Tid Bit and want to share ? or can you tell us about some of the people listed below ? you can email it to me at : LOCKEroots@comcast.net
(1) Abraham Lock , Received land from an Heir : Jacob Lock , on 1/3/1773 , Washington County Va > Hampshire County Va , sold to Jacob LaRue
(2) Charles Locke , married 2/2/1776 , Martha Vaughn , in Sussex County Va , page 49 in marriage book .
(3) Ephram Lock b. Va , married Lucinda ___?
(4) George Locke , living in Norfolk County Va , 1641
Virginia Will's & Admin by Clayton Torrence .
(5) Harrison Lock b. 4/15/1803 Va
(6) Jacob Lock , Inventory for Will , dated 8/9/1785 ,
West Virginia Estate Settlements by Rose B. Johnston
(7) Jane Lock , married 8/25/1798 Wateman Forrby , in Berkeley County Va , Bond 16 , Book 103
(8) John Lock b. 1776 Va ( No ferther data known )
(9) Samuel Lock , 9/30/1777 Montgomery County Va , Vol 1 by Mary B. Kegley & F.B. Kegley( Kegly ? ) , I believe this is a refernce to an Index of personal property after the death of Samuel ?
(10) William Lock b. 1808 Va > Lincoln County Tn
(11) William F. Lock , b. 1788 Va > Bourbon Co Ky > Owens Co Ky
(12) Abraham Lock(e) b. 12/27/1773 Montgomery County
Va ? > Lee County Va > Chariton County Mo . Married
Faithful Duncan . The descendants of Abraham moved to Bentley
County , Corvalis , Oregon .
Father of Abraham is Jacob Lock(e) of Hampshire County Virginia .
(13) George Locke , age 30 , living in Norfolk County Va 1637
(14) Joseph Locke , Rev War Pension , 1/29/1819 Lancaster County Va
(15) Richard Lock(e) , 1775 Berkeley County Va , Virginia Wills & Admin by Clayton Torrence
(16) Richard Locke , 1782 Amelia County Va , Virginia Wills & Admin by Clayton Torrence ( Note : this is not the same Richard Lock(e) of Berkeley Co. Va)
(17) Robert Locke , living in Elizabeth City , Elizabeth City County Va 1624
(18) Samuel Lock(e) , , 1786 Washington County Va , Virginia Wills & Admin by Clayton Torrence
(19) Thomas Locke , b.? m.? 12/26/1777 Botetourt County Va
(20) Joseph Lock of Washington County Va . No further data known on Joseph other then he was a part of several Court Cases over Land Issues . Joseph is a possible brother of Samuel Lock b. 1752 .
(21) Adam Lock , Witness of Will for George Fultz in Augusta County Va 2/10/1772
(22) Adam Lock & Nicholas Harpole , Securities for Barbara Oldham and Administrix of George Fultz , 3/19/1776 Augusta County Va .
(23) Andrew Lock , 1624 was brought to Northhampton
County Va by
Thomas Harmanson .
(24) Catherine Lock , married 12/21/1819 in Abingdon ,
Washington County Va to :
William Green . Minister was : Stephen Bovell , of Sinking Spring Presbyterian Church in Abingdon , Washington County , Virginia . She is the daughter of William Lock ?
(25) Charles Lock , Rev War Pension Application : S1683 in 1775 Va .
(26) Charles Lock , Tithes & Taxable Property ,
4/10/1782 , Dinwiddie County Va
1 Free Male , 1 Negro , 3 Negro's under age , 3 Horses & 5 Cattle .
(27) David Lock . Calendar of Va State papers Vol 4 ,
page 517 .
" Letter to Govenor recommending the release of David Lock from Public Jail at Richmond Va because of Health . Encloses 2 letters written by David Lock . "
(28) Frederick Lock , Augusta County Va Land Grant of 227 Acres 10/24/1768 , adjacent to John Jones & Jacob Myars on Mill Creek . Surveryor : Peter Stephens .
(29) George Lock , Immigrant was brought to New
Norfolk County Va in 1637
by Rich Bennett .
(30) George Lock , on 9/6/1641 , George Lock &
Henry Brakes borrowed from the Library , 1 Bible , 1 Practis of
Piety and 3 small Books .
Source : Lower Norfolk County Va Antiquary Vol. 1 , Page 104
(31) George Lock , Immigrant was brought to Yorke
County Va in 1651
by John Thomas .
(32) George Lock , married Winifred Wilcox in Frederick County Va 8/24/1827
(33) "Place" New Kent County Va , Diary of
Capt. John Davis 8/11/1781
" Dined at LOCK HALL " . Va Magazine of History , Vol 1 , Page 8 .
(34) Harriet Lock , married 1824 in Fredrick County Va
to : Joshua Johnston
Bondsman : William Lock .
(35) James Lock , on 1772 , James paid cash to Hannah McKanear for Stockings part of Estate of John Black in Augusta County Va .
(36) James Lock , Rev War Pension Application S31220 in 1775 in Va .
(37) James Lock , Washington County Va Court Minutes
James Campbell VS. James Lock . Court Minute Record 2-166 . Apperance for eft-Office , Judgement : set aside-payment , plead -replication issue & continued -rescinded .
(38) Jesse Lock , married 9/8/1823 in Charlotte County
Va to : Elizabeth Mitchell
Bondsman : Moses Eudailey .
(39) John Lock , Cumberland Parish County Va , 5 titheables ( Include James Locke & Daniel Trent? ) .
(40) John Lock , Cumberland Parish County Va , 3 Titheables .
(41) John Lock , married 11/23/1807 in Frederick County Va to : Mary Smith
(42) John Lock , married 4/4/1816 in Frederick County Va to : Rebecca Ridgeway .
(43) John Lock , Washington County Va , 2/15/1814 John was named Guardian of William Lock " His Son " , Surety : William Lock .
(44) Joseph Lock , Washington County Va Minutes Book 1-180 Trial By Jury . Richard Poston " Plaintif" vs Joseph Lock & Richard Fields " Defendants" , found guilty of Tresspass , to pay the sum of 24 " Pounds " plus costs .
(45) Joseph Lock , Washington County Va Minutes Book
" Defendant " Joseph Lock admits to guilt to sum of 3 , 4 , 11 " Pounds " to be paid plus costs to Henry Smith "Adm." of James Fowler "Plaintif" .
(46) Joseph Lock , Witness of Will of John Hurst at Northcumberland County Va 9/14/1789
(47) Joshua Lock , in 1705 - signed as a Petitioner in
letter to Queen of England referencing the Tobacco Trade between
Virginia USA & Russia .
Source : William & Mary College ( Va ) Quarterly , 2nd Series , Vol 3 , Page 251.
(48) Josiah R. Lock , married 2/12/1850 in Frederick County Va to : Ann R. Reed .
(49) Julia Ann Lock , married 12/23/1834 in Frederick
County Va to :
William Ambrose . Bondsman : William Lock .
(50) Margaret Lock , married 4/22/1802 in Washington County Va to : William Wright by Edward Crawford "Minister" .
(51) Mary Lock , married 1/2/1792 in Frederick County Va to: John Hiett .
(52) Mary A. Lock , died 12/15/1854 Washington County
Daughter of William J. Lock & Caroline .
(53) Selina Eliza Lock , married 2/25/1836 in Frederick County Va to : Ephraim Watson
(54) Thomas Lock , one of several servants brought to James City Va by William Beard , who recieved 300 Acres of land for transporting these people from London England 6/19/1635 .
(55) Thomas Lock , Immigrant , was brought to Henrico County Va by William Johnson
(56) Thomas Lock , Immigrant , was brought to Lower Norfolk County Va in 1653 by Francis Emperor .
(57) William Lock , Immigrant , was brought to ??? County Va in 1642 by William Connhoe.
(58) William Lock , listed as a Private with the State Calvary with 3 years service in the Rev War before 1782 .
(59) William Lock , Botetourt County Va , Deed Book 5
, Page 340 shows deed to
34 1/2 Acres on Waters of Back Creek in 1797 .
(60) William Lock , married 2/28/1779 in Frederick County Va to : Catherine Moody (Woody?) .
(61) William Lock , sold land to William Green on 3/9/1820 in Washington County Va , 50 Acres on Waters of Holstien River , near Tennessee State line . Deed Book 7-167 . Boundaries mention W. King's line , David King's line and Tn State line . William's wife : Catherine is mentioned .
(62) William Lock , sold land to William Green on 3/22/1821 in Washington County Va , Deed Book 7-330 .
(63) William G. Lock , married 10/28/1836 in Charlotte
County Va to :
Susan H. Bradberry , Bondsman : Mother , Susan Bradberry
(64) William J. Lock , married 12/13/1851 in Charlotte
County Va to :
Elizabeth Jane Eudailey , Bondsman : Father , Pleasant Eudailey .
(65) William Lock , Immigrant was brought to Charles River County Va by John Burland .
(66) Charles Lock Jr , married 7/15/1790 in Greensville County Va to: Mary Batte .
(67) Alexander Locke , reimbursed for the purchase of a Drum for Botetourt Va Militia 3/1/1777 . Source : Va Magazine of History ,Vol 10 , Page 295 .
(68) Elizabeth Locke , married 7/10/1807 in Frederick County Va to: Isaac Thacker .
(69) Elizabeth Locke , married 10/21/1821 in Charlotte
County Va to: William George .
Bondsman : T.N. Randolph
(70) Elizabeth Locke , married 12/29/1818 in Charlotte County Va to: Joseph Haley , Bondsman : Coleman Mullins .
(71) George Locke , was one of fourty persons imported by Richard Bennett to Nansemond River Va . Bennett recieved a land grant 6/26/1635 for bringing these people from London England .
(72) James Locke , Washington County Va 1819 , General Index to Minutes Book 2-82,86,100,117,166 ( Refernce Only )
(73) James B. Locke , married 12/10/1840 in Brunswick County Va to: Nancy Allen .
(74) John Locke , in 1621 arrived from England aboard the ship " Elizabeth " , landed at Elizabeth City Va . Source : Va Magazine of History , Vol 1 , Page 311
(75) John Locke , in 1628 arrived from England aboard the " TrueLove " , landed in Va ( where unknown ) Source : Virginia Magazine of History , Vol 2 , Page 422 .
(76) John F. Locke , married 8/23/1848 in Washington County Va to: Malicia J. Bruce Bondsman : James Bruce /
(77) John W. Locke , resigned as Captain of a "
Musquetry " Company annexed to the 2nd Bat. of the 55th Reg
. Berkeley County Va , 10/28/1799 .
Source : Calendard of Virginia State Papers , Vol 9 , Page 54 .
(78) Joseph Locke , Rev War Pension Application S38150 , in Va .
(79) Nancy Ann(e) Lock(e) , b. 12/4/1749 , d.
10/21/1844 . married 9/5/1769 in Faiquier County Va to: William
Brooks . In August of 1843 , Nancy applied for Rev War Pension .
Source : Archives of the Pioneers of Tazwell County Va ,
by Netti-Schreiner-Yantis 1973 . ( Don notes : Nancy is a hugh mystery to everyone , no one knows who her parents are )
(80) Permelia Jane Locke , married 1/26/1838 in
Charlotte County Va to:
Drury Atkins , Bondsman : Jesse Locke .
(81) Richard Locke , arrived from England 5//18/1637 , landed in Upper County New Norfolk ( County ) Va . Source : Virginia Magazine of History , Vol 6 , Page 190 .
(82) Richard Locke , married 12/18/1812 in Brunswick County Va to: Frances Dunkley
(83) Robart ( Robert? ) , age 18 , arrived in the ship " Warwick " , Elizabeth City Va , Servant of Percivall Ibottson .
(84) Samuel Locke , Inventory & Appraisal of Estate , 3/22/1786 Washington County Va , by Benjamine Nicholson & William Duncan .
(85) Thomas Locke , Witness to Will of William Beard 12/20/1636 in Jamestown Va , Virginia Magazine of History , Vol 11, Page 149 .
(86) William Locke , Rev War Pension Application S8857 in Va 1775 .
(87) Charles Locke Jr , married 1/20/1804 Greensville County Va to: Dorothy Pearson Daughter of Howell Pearson . Source : Tyler's Quarterly , Vol 3, Page 198 .
(88) John Locke , member of North Farnham Parish Church in Richmond Va,7/27/1726.
(89) John Locke , Jacob Locke , Alexander Locke , George W. Locke were all listed in the 1838 Smyth County Virginia , Personal Property Tax List .
(90) James A. Locke , married 12/11/1841 in Smyth County Va to: Malinda Kincannon.
(91) Capt. Joseph Lock , was at old William Whitten's Fort in 1777 in Russell County Va.
(92) John Lock , listed on the 1810 Washington County Va Census
(93) William Lock , listed on the 1810 Washington County Va Census .
(94) William Lock , Chancery Court Record ( Case # 1868-003/CC ) , Washington County Va
(95) William Lock , was owner of land in Washington
County Va between the years
1775 - 1795 in the Upper Holston - Clinch area in Washington County Va
(96) John Lock b. abt 1756 , of Washington County
Virginia , wife may have been
Jane Kindrick Born: 1756 in Stafford Co, Va , Daughter of Patrick Kindrick ( Kendrick) of Russell County Va .
(97) Jacob Lock b. 1749? of Hampshire County Va , is a possible brother of Samuel Lock b. 1752 .
If you email me regarding one of the above references, please quote the reference so I know exactly what you are asking about.
MORE TO COME !!!!
Copy Right © 10/29/1998 , Donald Gene Locke Jr.